Why You Need a Mobile-Friendly Website - Google Releases New Device Use DataFebruary 24, 2017 by Paul
Google's dominance of online searches and 'pay per click' advertising is because they are the best, thus far, at satisfying the demands of users. They have accomplished this by understanding user behaviour and innovating the technology to bring value to consumers. To that end, Google recently released a report showing how people use their mobile devices and that the trend toward becoming a fully mobile world continues.
More and more, users are turning to the closest device to help make decisions. Identified as micro-moments, a user will make brief but intent-focused searches to meet their immediate needs. Here are some important data points for businesses and marketers to understand.
On a typical day...
- 80% of internet users use a smartphone
- 67% of people use a computer
- 16% of will access the internet using a tablet
- 57% of users access the internet using multiple devices
- 27% of internet users are smartphone only
- 14% of internet users are computer only
- 40% of people search only using a smartphone
- 32% will search using a computer only
- 28% perform internet searches on more than one device.
As more people shift to using smartphones as their primary internet device, and even more as their only device for performing searches, the more micro-moments will affect web design, SEO, and content creation. Therefore, it is not enough to build a mobile-friendly website that is usable across multiple devices. Businesses must also focus on crafting content for micro-moments, feeding the demand for quick answers to these intent-focused searches.
What haven't we covered yet that is important to you? If you would like to talk about mobile-friendly websites, or need more information, please contact us.
Designer Websites, Auckland. For all your web design, SEO and social media needs.